The history of Casa São Roque (formerly Casa Ramos Pinto) dates back to 1759, when, as part of Quinta da Lameira, it served as a manor and hunting house, typical of those owned by bourgeoisie and noble families from Porto.
In the nineteenth century it belonged to the family of Maria Virginia de Castro, who in 1888 married António Ramos Pinto, one of the well-known producers and exporters of port wine.
Soon after, between 1900–1911, he commissioned the remodelling and expansion of the house by the architect José Marques da Silva, and at the same time, the garden was designed by Jacinto de Matos.
Emily Wardill – Hourless and at large
February 18, 2023 | 6 – 9:30 pm
For her solo show Hourless and at large, Emily Wardill presents works from fourteen years ago to the present day – reflecting on connections and dissonances within them and the role that the imaginary plays in our relationship to the material world. READ MORE